“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
Valentine’s Day is coming up and I don’t know if I’m excited yet. Is that weird? This happens all the time and I’ll probably get more excited closer to the date. For this day, we always see the usual Valentine’s Day makeup, whether it’s a smoky eye or a soft eye look with the classic red lip. That’s all fine and dandy, but maybe you want to try something a bit more different and maybe even ‘out of this world’. I came up with a fun and unique purple glittery eye look paired with a nude lip, with the skin looking fresh, and glowing. With this look you’ll definitely knock out any date, and isn’t that what Valentine’s Day is all about 😛 I added a matching purple bindi, a decorative symbol worn on your forehead in Eastern cultures, which is completely your decision to wear. I do enjoy mixing Eastern and Western cultures; at times they can complement one another quite well.
- Eyeshadow Primer: Too Faced ‘Shadow Insurance’
- Crease: ‘Sketch’ by Mac
- Lid: ‘Stars’ N Rockets’ by Mac
- Topped with loose glitter:
- Mascara: L’Oréal ‘Voluminous Butterfly Sculpt’, Wet n Wild ‘Megalength’
- Eyeliner: Beauty for Real ‘Black Magic’
- Lashes: Ardell ‘105’
- Moisturizer: Pur-Lisse ‘Blue Lotus Balancing Moisturizer’
- Primer: Benefit Cosmetics ‘Pore-fessional’
- Mac Strobe Cream
- Foundation: Rimmel True Match Perfection ‘203 True Beige’
- Concealer: Rimmel Wake Me Up ‘020 True Ivory’
- Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder ‘001 Transparent’
- Cream Contour: NYX Wonder Stick ‘Deep’
- Powder Contour: Sleek ‘Medium 885’
- Bronzer: NYX Matte ‘Dark Tan’
- Blush: City Colour ‘Fresh Melon’
- Cream Highlight: NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator ‘Gleam’
- Powder Highlight: Becca ‘Champagne Pop’
- Lipglide: NARS ‘Bound’
Whether you are planning a date with you “sig-fig” (significant figure), your bff, or even a chill night at home, glamming up is always fun. And remember that at the end of the day makeup comes right off, so don’t be afraid to experiment and step out of your comfort zone.
Until next time!